Changing with the times is inevitable, and this applies to all business sites who wish to keep with the times and with clients and consumers.
Recently, a study by market research firm Bastion db5 came out that had over 1,300 respondents in the advertising, marketing and PR industry. Based on this study, it seems that a number of agency professionals feel that the company they are apart of just isn’t keeping up.
The following are some of the numbers that came of the study:
- 60% of respondents don’t believe their company is “evolving with the times to meet employee needs” fast enough.
- C-suite execs believe they’re doing much better at evolving to meet employee needs (50% believe their agency is “at the forefront”) than their own employees – where only 24% of respondents felt their company is “at the forefront.” And ad agencies are even further behind (where only 18% believe their firm is “at the forefront”).
- Top concerns included work/life balance, job security, ageism, and fair pay.
- Many believed their company is not doing enough to help them in their careers. Barely half reported they received “regular performance reviews” and a whopping 44% did not feel their company “provides a clear path to raise/promotion.”
- Most execs (75%) felt their organization “encouraged teamwork/collaboration.”
- 27% of all respondents said they’re not personally fulfilled in their role.
Source – Marketing Land