If you ask multiple content marketers about long-form content, you will likely get different answers. One person might say that long-form content is a gamble, seeing how people these days have short attention spans. The other person will tell you that creating longer articles are a great way to engage with readers, offering genuine value and rewarding experience.
In a Search Engine Journal article, long-form content can be many different things. Not only can it be a lengthy blog post, it can be:
- 40-minute podcast episodes
- 20-minute YouTube tutorials
- 60-minute webinars
- Longer carousel posts on Instagram or LinkedIn
In her SEJ post, Adriana Stein discusses the difference between long-form and short-form content, as well as how to write long-form content. She guides us through the process through a number of different steps:
- Finding your content’s purpose
- Creating a story that helps to drive engagement
- Writing enough to content to convey your message
- Breaking up text with things like visuals and a well-designed page
- Promotion and repurposing of content
Finally, she gives several great content examples of long-form content.
Check out Adriana’s post over on SEJ right here for the full guide!