With the number of emails that a business can receive each day, it’s not surprising to watch your inbox become distinctly more cluttered over time. After enough time, it becomes such a chore dealing with the mess.
But realistically, you want to make sure that your inbox remains as clutter free as possible
If your inbox is looking even remotely messy, then it’s time you start cleaning it up. There are some reasons for keeping your email inbox clean:
- It reduces risk of cybercrime. Hackers like using your email to steal personal data for their benefit.
- It reduces used space. Emails can take up a lot of space. Although many of the emails you get are small, they can add up quickly. The more useless emails you remove, the more space you will have for the important ones.
- You’ll find important emails faster. Finding specific important emails can be challenging sometimes, and a full inbox makes finding it even more challenging.
- Keep reminders for yourself. Letting emails pile up without removing the useless ones can really bog down the important emails. By letting the useless emails push down those important ones, you might end up forgetting about them, making you miss important deadlines.
- Emails help you get tasks get done quickly. Although you really can’t use emails as a to-do list, they can still help you remember anything important that you may need to do. By having extra emails hanging around in your inbox, you will end up wasting time looking for the emails that are actually important.
The infographic is broken down as follows:
- Subject lines
- Call to action
- Mobile friendly
Source – Social Media Today