Backlinks, also referred to as inbound links, are a important part of any effective SEO plan. If you don’t know what backlinks are, they are links that direct from one website to another, particularly to your own website. These links play a significant role in determining your website’s authority and ranking in search results.
In a nutshell, backlinks are votes of confidence from search engines like Google. When a website links back to your own, it is vouching for the trustworthiness of your content. Pages with more backlinks generally rank higher in search engines, indicating that the website has good credibility and authority in its respective industry or niche.
To succeed with your SEO efforts, you’ll want to learn how to scale your link building strategies by building high-quality backlinks. In his article for Search Engine Land, Kevin Rowe highlights ten effective strategies for building quality backlinks that can aid in your SEO success.
These strategies include:
- Leveraging established blogger relationships to distribute content
- High-quality guest posting and including natural links
- Competitor link building through cold outreach
- Obtaining skyscraper links from top-ranking sites
- Pitching to journalists through HARO or #journorequest
- Acquiring resource page links to homepage or internal pages
- Building image links through reverse image lookup
- Earning universal unlinked mentions
- Building links by ranking for statistical keywords
- Link building with podcast websites
Be sure to read Kevin’s post for a more in-depth understanding of each of these strategies.