In SEO, title tags are quite important, as they can provide both users and search engines with the correct context on the respective page. When your webpage gets crawled by a search bot, they’ll take note of the meta title-tags and use keyword in each one to better understand what that page is about and how it can be relevant to searchers.
In this Office-hours hangout video, Google’s John Mueller tells us what sort of algorithm factors are utilized to decide title tag rewrites, as well as making some suggestions for a proactive approach for dealing with the tag rewrite problem.
The Search Engine Journal talks about:
- What factors influence title tag algorithm
- Algorithm factors for title tag rewrites
- Title tags are no longer tied to individual queries
- How to fix title tags
- How to respond to the title tag rewrites
- What to do with weird title tag rewrites