When Microsoft first talked about a new version of its search engine Bing which used an upgraded version of the same AI technology that underpins chatbot ChatGPT, Google talked down the AI tool.
But now, Google is looking to add its own generative AI elements to Gmail, Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, and more.
Google is looking to add generative AI elements into the above mentioned tools, which will give users assistance in composing emails, writing prompts, summarizing conversations, and more.
“In Gmail and Google Docs, you can simply type in a topic you’d like to write about, and a draft will be instantly generated for you. Whether you’re a busy HR professional who needs to create customized job descriptions, or a parent drafting the invitation for your child’s pirate-themed birthday party, Workspace saves you the time and effort of writing that first version.”
New functionalities that will be included within Googles tools include:
- The capacity to draft, reply, summarize, and prioritize your Gmail
- New ways to brainstorm, proofread, write, and rewrite in Docs
- Auto-generated image, audio, and video creation in Slides
- Automated formula generation and contextual categorization in Sheets
- Generative backgrounds in Meet
- New workflows and process options in Chat
How much will these new features help out users in the long run? We will just have to wait and see!
Source – Social Media Today