If you’re just starting out with your first website, or you’re on your tenth website, and you just want something simple and easy to use, WordPress is a name you’re probably familiar with.
WordPress is a content management system that is used for creating and managing your website. You’ll find that countless blogs, business websites, personal sites and ecommerce stores all utilize and benefit from using WordPress. The tool is all run online, which means there’s there isn’t anything you have to download any software or app to use.
SEMrush has created a 28 actionable step guide that will make your WordPress SEO succeed.
Here’s the list:
- Choose a quality hosting provider
- Use an SEO-friendly WordPress them
- Make sure your website is indexable
- Set up an SSL certificate
- Pick your preferred site address format
- Enable SEO-friendly permalinks
- Install and configure a WordPress SEO plugin
- Submit your sitemap to Google search console
- Noindex unimportant pages
- Plan the architecture of your site
- Nest your pages into subfolders
- Create an easy-to-navigate menu
- Use post categories correctly
- Enable breadcrumbs
- Do keyword research
- Create great content
- Write SEO-friendly URLs
- Use headers correctly
- Write optimized title tags
- Craft unique meta descriptions
- Link internally
- Write descriptive image alt text
- Approve comments manually
Keep in mind this is a simple list – each step has details you’ll want to read up on as you are setting up your WordPress website. Check out SEMrush to read up on each step.