Getting started with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) can seem daunting and challenging at first, and sure, there are things that you have to learn if you want to truly be successful with it, but it’s not a problem to get started. There are many resources out there that you can utilize to make the process of doing SEO easier to handle.
I’m sure you’ve heard a few basic terms, such as keyword research on on-page optimization, but there’s got to be something you can use to get off the ground.
SEMrush has created a checklist that you can use to get started with SEO.
The list includes:
- Set up Google Search Console
- Set up Bing Webmaster Tools
- Set Up Google Analytics
- Connect Google Analytics
- Connect Google Search Console
- Gnerate an XML sitemap
- Submit a sitemap
- Create a robots.txt file
- Check Search Console for manual actions
- Make sure that Google can actually index your website