Twitter has announced that it is re-branding its ad products, allowing it to streamline its different options into fewer, grouped segments. The purpose of this re-branding is to make its various ad offerings more clear and easier for brands to find the promotional option that’s right for them.
Here are the new categories:
- Promoted Ads: These formats can feature images, videos, and various ad features. They can be used in multiple ways across each stage of the marketing funnel.
- Follower Ads: This format can be used to promote an account to a targeted audience to build awareness and attract new followers.
- Twitter Amplify: With Twitter Amplify advertisers can align their ads with premium video content from the most relevant publishers.
- Twitter Takeover: This category includes the most premium, mass-reach placements that drive results across the funnel by taking over the Timeline and Explore tab.
- Twitter Live: With Twitter Live, advertisers can broadcast their biggest moments to the world, and allow an audience to join in real-time.
According to Twitter:
“After an extensive discovery and research process, we have recategorized and rebranded our entire ad suite. We have gone from 22+ individual ad format names to just 5 advertising categories with a corresponding suite of features that can be applied across them.”
Twitter won’t be rolling out these new changes all at once, as their “previous product names being phased out over the next several months. The updated names are already reflected in our new Tweet Composer, and we’re continuing to improve our Ads Manager experience, which paired with these changes, will make it easier to set-up and manage campaigns.”
Source – Twitter Business