There are those out there who considers SEO a marathon and PPC a sprint. We need to understand that, in reality, marketing is a triathlon. Every part of marketing needs its own tactics.
What’s the difference between SEO and PPC?
SEO is about optimizing content to rank well on Google, providing a better experience for users (and getting more traffic to your website!). PPC is all about driving traffic to the desired page by creating compelling ad copy.
If both SEO and PPC works together, you can, as Adthena said in a Search Engine Land article, “not only spend more efficiently and optimize search results, you also create an opportunity to reallocate budget to reach big-picture goals like higher market share.“
The team from Adthena sat down with Conductor and came up with five of the best ways you can make sure that your paid and organic strategies can come together to drive maximum ROI:
- Allocate your paid spend using organic performance insights
- Shape your content strategy using SEM performance insights
- Crank up your competitive research
- Follow SEO best practices when you create paid campaigns
- Get everyone on the same page (page one!)
Check out the full post over on Search Engine Land for details on each tip!